Roland CD-2U SD/CD Recorder
Sometimes you simply need a tool that makes the job at hand both simple and fast. The Roland CD-2U SD/CD recorder is as easy to use as an old-school cassette recorder. Leave your computer at home and record to either SD card or to CD. Record audio instantly with the built-in stereo mic, or connect your own external mics, electronic musical instruments, and other devices with professional results.
Onboard are many training tools for lessons and practice, including CD and WAV audio playback, high-fidelity key and speed adjustment, improved Center Cancel, and the all-new Center Focus. Essentials such as a chromatic tuner and metronome are included as well. Ultra-compact and easy to use, the CD-2U is your perfect solution for playing, recording, and CD burning in a convenient mobile package.
With its compact size and ability to run on battery power, the CD-2U is your go-everywhere companion, giving you everything you need to record, edit, play, and burn in one standalone unit. The built-in stereo mic makes audio capture easy, while high-performance stereo speakers provide convenient sound playback of your recordings as well as commercial CDs, lesson material, and more.
The CD-2u records to readily available SD/SDHC cards, and can also record directly to CD-R and CD-RW discs when using AC power. Thanks to the Easy Guide feature, the CD-2u is incredibly simple for anyone to operate, with clear onscreen instructions that guide you every step of the way. Easy Guide covers not only recording functions, but also CD backup, creating minus-one tracks for practice and karaoke, setting proper input levels, and other operations. You can even choose among six different languages for the display: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, or Japanese.
While it’s designed for pro results as a standalone unit, the CD-2u also provides connections to integrate external devices for various applications. Two XLR/TRS combo jacks allow you to connect your own mics (with phantom power available if needed), including a stereo field-recording mic such as the CS-15RS. There’s also a stereo mini-mic jack with Plug In Power, plus stereo RCA LINE IN jacks for connecting an instrument, music player, or other audio sources.
Roland CD-2U SD/CD Recorder
- Easy CD/SD recording and CD burning in an all-in-one mobile device
- High-quality stereo microphone and speaker system built in
- Records direct to CD-R/RW discs or SD/SDHC memory card
- Simple interface with Easy Guide function
- Multiple inputs for connecting external devices—two XLR/TRS combo jacks with phantom power; Plug In Power mic jack; stereo RCA LINE IN jacks
- Independent adjustment of playback speed and key, with improved audio quality over previous designs
- Enhanced Center Cancel function; new Center Focus isolates vocals and instruments for learning
- Built-in tuner and metronome
- Runs on included AC adaptor or six AA batteries (AC adaptor required for CD playback/recording)
- Wireless remote control included