Mackie Onyx 1620i
16-Channel Mixer with Firewire
Eight full channels of mic pres and four stereo channels means there are few sessions that the Onyx 1620i cannot handle. Each mic channel features 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable mids, providing truly professional tone-shaping. Band-friendly features like the dedicated talkback section with built-in mic allow you to easily communicate with the talent, whether behind the glass or in front of stage monitors. Deep FireWire integration, along with complete platform support allows you to easily record in the studio, or at the gig. The 1620i is a true band workhorse.
Mackie-designed gear is more often than not, the result of customer interaction and suggestion. After all, we are making gear for you. For years, our customers have been asking for the freedom to work with any DAW they choose. So when we designed the Onyx-i series, we took this suggestion to heart. We are very proud that Onyx-i mixers are more DAW-friendly than any other interface ever. Onyx-i mixers are qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including Pro Tools M-Powered 8, Logic, SONAR, Cubase and more. Now, dedicated Mackie customers can enjoy using their Mackie mixer with the world’s most popular DAW. And Pro Tools M-Powered 8 users now have a variety of new, and different, tools to use with their favorite DAW. It’s a win-win situation.
Onyx-i Series features deeper FireWire integration than any other mixer out there and offers immensely powerful routing capabilities:
- Every channel on the mixer can be routed pre or post EQ to the computer, allowing you to choose whether to implement ‘EQ to tape’ or not.
- All aux sends are routable to the computer, allowing you to utilize your computer as a powerful FX engine by implementing your favorite plug-ins in a live scenario.
- Master L/R is routable to the computer for recording your analog mix. Burn and sell CDs of the mix at the end of the gig!?
- Stereo return from the computer can be routed to either the control room for instant monitoring or to a stereo channel for mix integration.?
- Latency-free overdubs are simple since you are using an analog mixer. No more wasted time dealing with the complicated “DSP” mixers commonly used on standalone interfaces.
- The 1620i delivers hassle-free FireWire connection to your favorite DAW. All channels, auxes and (of course) the master L/R are available to your DAW. And since you can return your DAW outputs straight into a channel strip, mix integration is easier than ever.
- When it comes to the high pressure environment of a recording session or live performance, you simply cannot beat the stability and reliability of an analog mixer. With features honed over 20 years of design by some of the legends in the industry, the Onyx-i Series mixers are simply the best sounding full-featured analog mixing boards available to the modern sound engineer.
- The 1620i has a plethora of analog features that are sure to please. First off, there are eight Onyx mic preamps which have been proven as some of the best boutique quality preamps available today. That is, without having to re-mortgage your house in order to pay for all the inputs you need. Then there’s the Perkins EQ, which offers highly musical Q filter without sacrificing the precise control that Mackie EQs are known for. Eight mono mic/line channels feature 4-band Perkins EQ with dual sweepable mids, the additional four stereo line channels have 3-band Perkins EQ. So, regardless of the type of signal you need to input, there is sure to be a channel with the right EQ for the application. Other analog tools include four aux sends with pre/post fader assignment, allowing for monitor mixes, effects loops or additional headphone mixes. There are built-in DIs on the first two channels for direct connection of guitars or bass and a dedicated talkback section with a built-in mic that lets you easily communicate with band members while on stage or recording.
Mackie Onyx 1620i
16-Channel Mixer with Firewire
- 16-channel premium analog mixer with integrated 24-bit/96kHz FireWire I/O
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs, including:
- Pro Tools M-Powered 8 (Requires $49.99 USD driver upgrade, available at mackie.com)
- Ableton Live
- Final Cut Pro
• 8 Onyx boutique-quality mic preamps
• 4-band Perkins EQ with sweepable mids on mic/line channels
• 3-band Perkins EQ on stereo line channels
• 16x2 FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
• 4 aux sends with pre/post assignment
• Smooth 60mm channel and master faders
• Built-in DI on first two channels for direct connection of guitars, bass, etc.
• Individual 48V phantom power switches on all mic inputs
• Talkback section with built in mic and flexible routing
• “Planet Earth” switching power supply for worldwide use
• Optional rack kit available