Avid Artist Control
Avid's Artist Control is part the Artist Series family of Avid's Artist media controllers line. They use a 100 Mbs Ethernet EUCON connection to control audio and video applications running on a workstation computer. EUCON is a high-speed communication protocol and enables control of virtually every application feature.
Each Artist Series media controller can run as a standalone device. Up to four Artist Mix units can be used with one Artist Control and/or one Artist Transport to create a larger control surface. Artist Series media controllers borrow many features from the Artist Pro and System 5-MC.
Artist Control supports two types of applications:
• EUCON-aware applications (such as Pro Tools™ 9.0 and higher, Media Composer™, Cubase, Logic Pro, and Nuendo) directly
support the EUCON protocol. They provide the highest level of integration, high-resolution controls, and high-speed
• Non-EUCON-aware applications that support Mackie Control or HUI (such as Pro Tools 8.x and lower, Live, and Reason) can
use many functions but are less integrated than EUCON-aware applications.
Artist Control can also provide some functionality over non-EUCON-aware applications that do not support HUI or Mackie Control by sending out keystroke commands over EUCON. EuControl Software
The EuControl software application is responsible for finding, linking, and communicating with all Artist Series controllers on the network. EuControl must be installed on the computer that runs the applications you want to control before using Artist Series controllers.
Avid Artist Control
- High-resolution, high-speed control: With 8x the resolution and 250x the speed of MIDI, EUCON gives you powerful, highly responsive tactile control that feels like mixing on a professional mixing console
- Work with multiple applications: Speed up modern, multi-app workflows with seamless app switching—Artist Control instantly adapts to your current app. You can even lock parts of the surface to one app while using the rest to switch between apps—perfect for monitor and/or transport controls
- Control multiple workstations: Access any workstation running EUCON-enabled software on your extended network, with keyboard and mouse commands automatically forwarded to the selected workstation—ideal for multi-workstation workflows and facilities with machine rooms
- Customize for your needs: Connect multiple Artist Series controllers to function as one extended control surface or use them independently, and customize the controls to meet your needs. Set control sensitivity, lock fader channels to session tracks as "Layouts" that save with the project, and more
- Future proof: Avid continues to develop EUCON, making it easy for development partners to add new features and functionality to your favorite software through updates. EUCON even supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols for even greater flexibility
- Artist Control, with riser brackets
- EuControl software installer disc
- 1 Ethernet Crossover cable
- Power supply
- Artist Control Quick Setup
- Registration Information Card