Audix D6 Kick Drum Microphone
The Audix D6 is the most talked-about new kick drum in years. From beater click to low-end thump, the D6 captures it all. No additional EQ needed!
The D6 is an American-made instrument microphone designed for live and studio performance. Characterized with a cardioid pick-up pattern and a frequency response of 30 Hz-15 kHz, the D6 is an ideal choice for kick drum, bass cabs, and other instruments requiring low frequency reproduction.
Transformerless design, low impedance, and balanced output allow for interference free performance, even with long cable runs. The D6 is made of a precision-machined one-piece body of solid aluminum with a durable hard coat anodized finish.
Applications include: Kick Drum, Floor Tom, Djembe, Cajon Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass Cabs or any instrument requiring precise low frequency reproduction.
How To Mic Up Your Drums - Kick Drum from Audix Microphones on Vimeo.
- Transducer Type: Dynamic
- Frequency Response: 30 Hz - 15 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 2.2 mV @ 80Hz
- Capsule Technology: VLM Type E
- Off Axis Rejection: >20 db
- Maximum SPL: 144 db
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold-plated male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Housing: Machined Aluminum
- Weight: 7.7 oz / 217 grams
- Finish: Black Anodized