Strymon Big Sky Reverb Pedal
Plug into BigSky and instantly lift your sound into the stratosphere. The world below you fades into the distance, and you're elevated into a glow of lush, glorious, radiant reverbs.
To create a reverb experience as natural, beautiful, and immersive as BigSky required tremendous feats of sound engineering and artistic imagination. Using the fundamentals of acoustical science as our beacon, we carefully studied and scientifically analyzed reverb technology from the past fifty years. We faithfully captured the essence of these classic sounds, and forged ahead to dream up our vision of reverbs from the future.
Feel the mechanical tension of the Spring reverbs. Hear the floating particles of the Cloud machine. Defy the laws of physics with the Nonlinear reverbs. Unleash the multi-head reverberations of the Magneto machine. BigSky gives you twelve studio-class reverb machines, each with simple yet powerful controls.
We knew we must take reverb to a whole new level. With careful attention to detail, innovative analog circuitry design, an insanely powerful SHARC processor, and the utilization of top-shelf components, we've developed a reverb pedal that fits on your pedal board yet has better audio quality than many rack reverb units. This fusion of science with art has just one goal. To provide you with the most musically inspirational reverb experiences possible. We've gone to extraordinarily lengths to craft BigSky to empower your creativity without getting in the way of it. We've hand-picked the most essential reverb controls, and tailored their range and functionality so that sounds can be created effortlessly without extended tweaking.
"Project BigSky" started as a journey of diligent research. We studied, reviewed and examined physical reverb units, algorithm architectures, academic papers and programming techniques from the past five decades. Within BigSky, we utilized traditional reverb elements such as feedback-delay networks, allpass-delay-filter loops, Schroeder reverb sections, multi-tapped delay-lines, as well as all-new reverb elements that we developed along the way. The goal was to find the best starting point for each reverb sound, and then elevate it into the 21st century.
Strymon Big Sky Reverb Pedal
- Hand crafted, studio-class reverb algorithms deliver lush, gorgeous, and musically inspiring reverb experiences
- Twelve reverb machines to choose from: Room, Hall, Plate, Spring, Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear, Reflections
- Seven front-panel tone shaping knobs: Decay, Pre-Delay, Mix, Tone, Mod, Param 1, Param 2 (Param knobs assignable per preset)
- Additional menu parameters allow for easy customization of reverb sounds
- 300 easily accessible and namable presets
- Press-and-hold Infinite Sustain and Freeze functions, saveable per preset
- Spillover and Reverb Persist modes, saveable per preset
- Selectable Speaker Cabinet emulation for direct-to-PA gigs or recording applications
- Three rugged metal footswitches for preset selection and effect bypass
- LED display for preset info, reverb decay time, and extended parameter control
- Multi-color preset LEDs (green for active preset, amber for edited preset)
- Full MIDI implementation allows extended control for those with more complex rigs
- Sturdy and lightweight light blue anodized aluminum chassis, with laser-etched artwork
- Durable black anodized aluminum knobs
- Studio-grade audio input and output jacks
- Stereo input and output
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob or combination of knobs, saveable per preset (also configurable as external tap input)
- MIDI input and output
- Analog dry path for a zero latency dry signal that is never converted to digital
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 115dB typical signal to noise at 50% wet mix (120db at 100% dry mix, 109dB at 100% wet mix)
- 20Hz to 20kHz frequency response
- +8dBu maximum input level easily handles instrument and line signals
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- 333MHz SIMD SHARC processor core, capable of 2.4 Gigaflops peak performance
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- High quality, tranparent Analog Buffered Bypass mode
- +/- 3dB Boost/Cut, saveable per preset
- Optional Kill Dry mode mutes dry signal, for use in parallel effects loops
- Dimensions: 6.75" (171mm) wide, 5.1" (130mm) deep
- Designed and Built in the USA
- 9V center-negative power supply (300mA minimum required)