Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the R0DE NT55 is extremely well suited to any situation where a small and unobtrusive yet powerful microphone is required.
It utilizes the 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered true condenser transducer used in the internationally renowned RODE NT5. The NT55 is a state-of-the-art, low-noise, balanced-output microphone exhibiting a wide dynamic range and full frequency response.
The NT55 circuit incorporates a 3-position variable pad: 0, -10 or 20dB attenuation, and a 3 -position variable high-pass filter that enables you to step from a flat response to a 75 or 150Hz high-pass filter.
The NT55 is intended for film, television, broadcast, live performance, theater, surround, and environmental recording applications.
It comes with two different condenser microphone heads to provide a choice of polar patterns (cardioid and omni), a metal case, and clip.
Requires phantom power.
- 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered true condenser capsule
- Heavy duty satin-nickel-plated body
- 3-position variable pad: 0 dB,-10 and -20dB
- 3-position variable high-pass filter:
flat, 75 and 150 Hz
- Low-noise surface mount technology
- Wide dynamic range
- Full frequency response
- Designed & manufactured in Australia
- Includes cardioid & omni capsules
- Full 10-year guarantee
- Power: P48 (48V) phantom supply
- Acoustic Principle: Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid and Omni
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (with selectable HPF)
- Output impedance: 100 Ohms
- Signal noise ratio: 79 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise: 15 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL: 136dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load) (146/156 with PAD)
- Maximum output voltage: +8dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1KO load)
- Sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight: 110gm
- Dimensions: 145mmH x 20mmW x 20mmD
- RM5 Clip
- RC5 Custom case
- NT45-C cardiod capsule
- NT45-O omnidirectional capsule