Korg KDM-2 Digital Metronome
The Korg KDM-2 is not your average digital metronome. The KDM-2 is louder than other metronomes of its size, incorporating a cylindrical resonator speaker. Even loud instruments won't overpower its unmistakable, clear sound. And with the KDM-2 you have a choice of 3 different PCM sounds (cowbell/agogo/clave) for the beat, so you can choose the sound that compliments the instrument you're playing. The volume can also be adjusted to the most appropriate level. Since there's a PHONE jack, you can connect a mini-plug (1/8") earphone for private practice.
The START/STOP switch located on the top panel blinks in two colors – red and green – for an unmistakable visual indication of the tempo. It's a great feature if you want to practice with a silent metronome.
From basic beats to variations like son clave and rumba clave, the KDM-2 contains a total of 19 beat patterns. You can set the tempo in any of three ways. Full Step mode that lets you adjust the tempo over a range of 30 through 252 in steps of one. Pendulum Step mode lets you set the tempo using the preset tempo settings, as on a mechanical metronome. And Tap Tempo lets you set the tempo by pressing the TAP switch at the desired interval.
Sound Out mode outputs a reference tone that you can use as a tuning guide. You can listen to any of the twelve pitches from C4 - B4. You can also adjust the A4 frequency (calibration) in a broad range from 410 Hz to 480 Hz.
The KDM-2 provides a memory backup function that remembers the specified tempo, beat, calibration, and reference pitch even when the power is turned off.
Add to all this an easy to read large LCD screen and 3 year warranty and you really have a great metronome in the Korg KDM2.
Korg KDM-2 Digital Metronome
- Korg's original, cylindrical resonator speaker provides powerful sound, now with even more volume and improved tone.
- An LED provides visual confirmation of the tempo, a convenient feature for practicing with the metronome muted.
- Newly added beat variations range from basic to sophisticated rhythms like son clave and rumba clave
- A total of 19 beat patterns cover your practicing needs in numerous musical styles.
- Tap Tempo function makes it easy to set the tempo.
- An audible Reference tone in a range of C4?B4 is available, allowing you to tune your instrument.
- An encoder-type TEMPO/CALIB dial and switch provide direct access to the desired setting or function.
- A large LCD screen makes settings easy to see.
- Original and compact style.
- Long battery life, with approximately 120 hours of continuous use.
- This easy-to-use digital metronome accurately marks the tempo visually and with a powerful sound.
- Metronome Mode
- Tempo Range:
- Quarter note = 30 to 252 bpm PENDULUM step, 30 to 250 bpm FULL step beats/minute
- Tempo Setting PENDULUM step/FULL step
- Beat Range 0 to 9 beats, duplets, triplets, triplet with inner beat omitted, quadruplets, quadruplets with inner beats omitted, son clave (2-3) (3-2), rumba clave (2-3) (3-2)
- Sound Out Mode:
- Tempo Accuracy:
- Reference Pitches:
- 12 reference pitches (C4 to B4); C4 (261.63 Hz) to
- B4 (493.88 Hz), 1 octave
- Calibration Range A4=410 Hz to 480 Hz (unit: 1 Hz)
- Reference Pitch Precision Within ± 1 cent
- Connector PHONE jack (ø3.5 mm mini-jack)
- Speaker Dynamic speaker (ø36 mm)
- Power Supply Four AAA alkaline batteries (6 V)
- Battery Life Approx. 120 hours (120 tempo, 4 beats, PULSE, maximum volume, using standard alkaline batteries)
- 4.17" (W) x 1.91" (D) x 4.19" (H) /
- 106.0 (W) x 48.5 (D) x 106.5 (H) mm
- Weight 7.41 oz. / 210 g (including batteries)
- Included items Owners Manual, Four AAA alkaline batteries for verifying operation.