Roland Cube 40XL Guitar Amp
With over one million CUBE amps sold and going strong, Roland continues to push the envelope with innovative amp technology and design. The latest addition to the top-selling CUBE amp family is the CUBE-XL series. Second only in size and power to the flagship CUBE-80XL, the CUBE-40XL is compact enough to grab and go, yet powerful enough for serious stage and studio work. The CUBE-40XL provides 40 watts of power through a 10" high-performance custom speaker. There are discrete, footswitchable* channels — JC Clean and Lead — with Solo settings for each. Ten COSM® amp models are onboard, including the new Extreme, and eight effects to choose from, including the new Heavy Octave and COSM vintage Spring Reverb, plus an 80-second Phrase Looper.
The CUBE-40XL houses a killer collection of COSM® amp models. With the twist of a knob, you can choose instantly from an authentic and awe-inspiring collection, including Tweed, Brit Combo, Black Panel, Classic Stack, R-Fier, Acoustic Simulator, and the new Extreme. It’s like having 11 coveted amps in one!
Switch instantly between Lead and JC Clean channels, and activate Solo settings for each. Channels can be selected manually from the control panel or via footswitch (BOSS FS series, optional). When it’s time to shine onstage, activate the Solo mode — complete with dedicate Volume knob and memory for storing your favorite sound setups for the Lead and JC Clean channels.
High-quality Roland/BOSS effects are built into the CUBE-40XL. Choose from a variety of reverbs, delays, and more, plus the new Heavy Octave for massive bottom end, and activate the Power Squeezer for achieving full-gain tone at low volumes. Also onboard is a sound-on-sound Looper for creating impressive layers of sound and dazzling solos on the spot. Up to 80 seconds of audio can be captured and looped.
Composite Object Sound Modeling (COSM) is Roland’s innovative and powerful sound-modeling technology. COSM analyzes the many factors that make up the original sound, such as the electrical and physical characteristics of the original, and then produces a digital model that can reproduce the same sound. In designing the CUBE-XL series, Roland meticulously analyzed and modeled array of world-class amps and effects to bring you the versatile and authentic tone palette that these amps provide.
Roland Cube 40XL Guitar Amp
- 40-watt guitar amp with 10" high-performance speaker
- Three footswitchable channels, including JC Clean, Lead, and Solo with memory capability
- 10 COSM amp models, including the new Extreme amp
- Eight effects, including the new Heavy Octave and COSM vintage Spring Reverb
- 80-second Phrase Looper built in
- Power Squeezer for full gain at low volume
- Hands-free channel switching via footswitch (sold separately)
- Nominal Input Level, INPUT: -10 dBu/1 M ohm AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Speaker: 25 cm (10 inches)
- Controls: POWER Switch, SELECT Switch, TUNER Switch, POWER SQUEEZER Switch [JC CLEAN Channel] VOLUME Knob [LEAD Channel] TYPE Switch (ACOUSTIC SIM, BLACK PANEL, BRIT COMBO, TWEED, CLASSIC STACK, METAL STACK, R-FIER STACK, EXTREME, DYNA AMP), GAIN Knob, VOLUME Knob [SOLO] ON/OFF, MEMORY Switch, VOLUME Knob [EQUALIZER] BASS Knob, MIDDLE Knob, TREBLE Knob [EFX] EFX Knob (CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, TREMOLO, HEAVY OCTAVE) [DELAY/LOOPER] REC/PLAY/DUB Switch, TAP/STOP Switch, DELAY/LOOPER Knob (DELAY, LOOPER) [REVERB] REVERB Knob (SPRING, PLATE)
- Indicators JC CLEAN Channel, LEAD Channel, TUNER, SOLO, EFX, DELAY/LOOPER, REC/PLAY/DUB, REVERB, POWER SQUEEZER
- Connectors INPUT Jack (1/4" phone type) AUX IN Jack (Stereo miniature phone type) RECORDING OUT/PHONES Jack (Stereo 1/4" phone type) FOOT SW Jack (TIP:SELECT, RING:SOLO) (1/4" TRS phone type) FOOT SW Jack (TIP:EFX, RING:REVERB) (1/4" TRS phone type) FOOT SW Jack (TIP:DELAY/REC/PLAY/DUB, RING:TAP/STOP) (1/4" TRS phone type)
- Power Consumption 43 W
- Accessory Owner's Manual
- Options Footswitch (BOSS FS-5L, FS-5U, FS-6) Size and Weight Width 385 mm 15-3/16 inches Depth 265 mm 10-7/16 inches Height 385 mm 15-3/16 inches Weight 10.0 kg 22 lbs. 1 oz.