Behringer SX2442FX 24-Channel Mixer
If you want classic analog handling but can’t skimp on superior digital effects and studio-grade mic preamps, the Behringer SX2442FX is your new best friend. This mixer’s 16 mic inputs, 8 stereo inputs and 4 buses give you enough leeway to handle anything from a graduation speech to a small orchestra.Call or email for our REAL price on the Behringer SX2442FX.
Each of the SX2442FX’s 16 mic inputs connects to Behringer's world-famous, studio-grade XENYX mic preamps. They are legendary for their high headroom, warm natural timbre and utter lack of background noise. Plug in a large-diaphragm condenser mic and track a vocal to hear XENYX’s rich detail and spaciousness. Plug in a dynamic mic and stick it inside a bass drum to appreciate the whopping headroom. Some manufacturers make what they call 24-input mixers that count stuff like CD/TAPE IN as an input. But the SX2442FX really gives you sixteen honest mono channels plus eight stereo channels, making it easy to accommodate a variety of studio or live performance configurations. You can connect up to 16 microphones or other mono instruments and up to four stereo instruments (keyboards or tone modules, for example). You can combine these inputs in four different sub-mixes (buses). That allows you to blend multiple channels—say all the mics on a drum kit or all the backup singers’ mics—to a single fader, which is easier to adjust for the overall mix that goes to the PA speakers. You can also use one or more of the sub-mix buses to create custom monitor mixes for picky members of your band.
Whether you need to add a dab of reverb or delay to a live vocalist’s mic or warp a hard day’s studio session into psychedelic quicksand, the SX2442FX has you covered. The SX2442FX has two independent studiograde 24-bit stereo FX processors with 99 awesome presets to provide the perfect sonic garnish.
British EQ’s distinct configuration of wider curves/lower Q and harmonic phase characteristics allows you to add or subtract EQ more generously than you can with conventional EQ circuit designs. When you add low midrange, you get a firmer sound instead of a nasty bonk. When you back high frequencies off a bit, treble backs off just a hair instead of turning muffled. All SX2442FX mono channels have low and high shelving plus a sweepable “midrange” you can move anywhere from 100Hz to 8kHz. The 9-band graphic EQ (which you can choose to apply to your main mix or monitor mix via the MAIN/AUX1 button) features the FBQ Feedback Detection system. It makes finding and adjusting critical frequencies a snap. Just push FBQ IN, then watch as LEDs on the individual EQ sliders light up, indicating which frequency bands are causing feedback. Simply adjust until the LED goes dim.
Behringer SX2442FX 24-Channel Mixer
- Premium ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer with 16 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs with semi-parametric mid band for warm and musical sound
- 2 independent studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processors with 99 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- High-precision 9-band stereo graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main mixes
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection system instantly reveals critical frequencies
- Peak LEDs, Mute, Main mix and subgroup routing switches, Solo and PFL functions on all channels
- 2 fully featured stereo input channels with 4-band EQ plus 2 additional stereo input channels with Level and pre-fader Aux controls
- Inserts on each mono channel and main mix for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 4 Subgroup outputs and additional Mono output with sweepable Low Pass filter for subwoofer application
- 4 Aux sends per channel: 2 pre/post fader switchable for monitoring/FX applications, 2 post fader (for internal FX or as external send)
- Balanced Main mix outputs with ¼" jack and gold-plated XLR connectors, separate Control room, Headphone and stereo Tape outputs
- Solo-In-Place and Pre-Fader-Listen functions plus full-featured Talkback section Standby switch mutes all channels during breaks while background music is provided via CD/Tape inputs
- Long-wearing 60 mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 – 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving