Roland FR-18 Diatonic V-Accordion
The Roland FR-18 Diatonic V-Accordion revolutionizes the instrument. Traditional diatonic acoustic accordions have only one tonal key, but the FR-18 diatonic has no such limitation—with its all-digital sound engine, you can change the instrument’s key instantly, with the simple press of a button.
Introducing the world’s first diatonic digital accordion! With the same level of sound quality and natural, dynamic response as its award-winning V-Accordion® predecessors, the new FR-18 diatonic is a dream for accordionists seeking a world-class diatonic instrument that can do it all. The FR-18 diatonic features a brand new sound set that lets you choose instantly from a lineup of 12 virtual diatonic accordions as well as a variety of orchestral instruments, Virtual Tone Wheel organs, percussion, and more.
Performing accordionists can cover all bases onstage with this one instrument. No matter the song, you can switch instantly between different tonalities and configurations of the keyboard/bass buttons. Diatonic musicians won’t have to carry a truckload of accordions onstage anymore! In addition to its amazing collection of virtual accordions, the FR-18 diatonic has other great instruments onboard, all instantly selectable. Choose from orchestral and brass instruments, exotic world instruments, percussion, organs, and more. The User Sets let you load your custom layouts of sounds and settings for instant recall.
The FR-18 diatonic comes with a dozen instantly selectable tablatures, making it possible to cover numerous genres without ever having to change accordions. In addition, you can create your own tablatures with a PC/Mac software app (available via free download). With this software, the FR-18 diatonic is truly an open instrument with customizable layouts for the keyboard and bass buttons. Thanks to USB compatibility, it’s easy to transmit and receive custom tablature sets between computer and accordion.
The speaker-less, lightweight body makes the FR-18 diatonic a comfort to wear and play. The long-life battery compatibility lets you roam onstage, free of unnecessary cables and clutter. The classic black finish blends well into any environment; it looks cool and stylish onstage yet elegant in the classiest of settings.In addition, there are exchangeable inlay sheets that let you change the appearance of the instrument. You can also create your own custom-designed inlay sheets and install them easily.
High-quality Roland earphones are included with the FR-18 diatonic package so you can play the instrument right out of the box. Practice at any hour without disturbing neighbors or surrounding environments.
Roland FR-18 Diatonic V-Accordion
- World’s first digital diatonic accordion
- 12 onboard accordion models, including three user sets
- Virtual Tone Wheel organs onboard with slow and fast rotary
- Four user program registrations
- Programmable keyboard and bass button layout
- Drum function for manual percussion via bass & chord buttons
- Player is free to roam with battery (AA) power and wireless capability (Wireless unit and batteries are optional, sold separately
- Right hand: 37 buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key
- Left hand: 18 bass buttons, velocity sensitive, selectable tablature and key (same as for right hand), selectable button chord behavior (full chord or omitted third)
- Real pneumatic detection of bellows pressure (high resolution pressure sensor), bellows resistance regulator
- Max polyphony: 128 voices
- Wave ROM: 64 MB of waveforms (8+8 MB expansion sounds)
- 12 accordion Sets, each including: 8 treble registers, 8 orchestral sounds, 4 organ sounds, 3 bass Treble reed footages 5 Bass reed footages 3 Chord reed footages
Weight (without straps or optional batteries):
- AC adaptor, Batteries (AA, HR6 Rechargeable Ni-MH x 8)
- Weight 5.3 kg 11 lbs. 11 oz.
- Roland FR18 Diatonic Accordion in Black