Zvex Nano Head Tube Amp
The world's smallest production tube amp, the Nano Head by Z.Vex Amps. This little marvel is a one-half watt (distorted) powerhouse that will surprise you with its apparent volume. Plug it into a 4X12 (or any 8 to 16 ohm speaker) and listen to it roar! This amp is voiced to deliver classic rock tone, with a very high level of crunch available if it's wanted. Just crank the volume knob around to the level of distortion you desire, from a very quiet (one tenth watt) clean mode to a micro-Marshall (TM) blast when cranked up. It does a great job of emulating big amps at very reasonable volumes, which makes it exceptionally nice for recording.
Zvex Nano Head Tube Amp
- Bright switch: Brighter to the right. Has more effect at lower volumes, like a Fender bright switch.
- Volume: Adjusts from quite clean to very crunchy/dirty
- Thickness: Positions are Normal, Thin, and Fat. As you use more gain, you may wish to thin out the signal. The fat setting is best for clean shivery tones and overblown bass fuzz.
- Mellow control: Positions are Mellow2 / Normal / Mellow 1. Use it to roll off treble if needed after first distortion stage. Mellow 2 is mellower, naturally, and Normal is brightest.
- Cooling fan: Yes, as unbelievable as it may seem, there is a one-inch cooling fan in the Nano Head.
- DO NOT BLOCK FAN. Also, if you sit too close, fan noise may bleed into pickups. This appears as a whining tone. Move a few inches further away or twist slightly and it will disappear. The fan keeps the 230 volt power supply and the tubes and caps cool.
Internal speaker: This is a bit of a joke... it is only useful if you really, really have to listen to it without a cabinet. Don't expect too much from it... it's made of plastic! You can tilt the amp or turn it over to hear the speaker better.
- "Hot" red LED: The Nano Head has a self-resetting fuse that blows if the power supply stalls. This can happen if the input power is interrupted and reconnected, or if the DC power sags too low, such as a battery dying. Disconnect the amp for a few minutes and try again if the "Hot" LED comes on. The self-resetting fuse has to have time to cool before it will work again.
For best results, use with a 16 ohm (or 8 ohm) cabinet.
- Output Power: .5 W dirty, .1 W clean
- Output Impedance: 8-16 ohms
- Input Impedance: 1,000,000 ohms
- Internal Speaker: .4 Watts
- Power Supply: 12VDC 1.5 amps