Strymon Lex Rotary Pedal
When Strymon decided to create a studio-class pedal that faithfully recreates the classic, unmistakable sound of the most sought-after rotating speaker system, they prepared to study every nuance and finest detail. The Strymon sound design labs have been filled with those signature, swirling, three-dimensional sounds, as they painstakingly analyzed and recreated the physics and mechanics behind these systems.
Lex provides you with a complete, accurately reproduced rotary system: the low-frequency bass rotor, the rotating treble horn, the tube-driven amplifier, finely tuned microphone placement, and all the complex sonic interactions between these elements. Utilizing a ridiculously powerful SHARC DSP, every drop of processing power is harnessed to authentically represent these details.
You get eight parameters to tweak, allowing extensive control over the tonality and mechanics of the rotating speaker system. You can manipulate each element, from rotor speed, horn level, acceleration time, microphone distance, tube drive and saturation, and volume level. Go from a maelstrom of dramatic, up-close, sweeping and swirling sounds, all the way to mellow, tranquil and calming undulations. All of this without a giant cabinet, microphone setup, and costly motor maintenance.
Strymon Lex Rotary Pedal
- Press and hold the Fast/Slow switch to put the brakes on. The Lex rotary will wind down and stop. When at rest, the horn and drum “brake angle” is optimally positioned for consistent results. Release the Fast/Slow switch and the rotary will begin to spin.
- Lex provides you with a selectable Bi-Amp mode to send bass rotor signal out to the Left output, and the treble horn to the Right output. Stack two cabinets and add another dimension to your sound.
- You get an expression pedal input with assignable control over any front-panel knob parameter. When set to Fast Rotor Speed, you can sweep and ramp all the way from the “braked” position up to a selectable speed.
- Hand crafted rotary algorithms faithfully deliver the signature, three-dimensional rotating speaker experience
- Extensive control over rotating speaker mechanics and configuration
- Four rotary adjustment and tone shaping knobs: Fast Rotor Speed, Preamp Drive, Mic Distance, Horn Level.
- Four “hidden” knobs for extensive tone tweaking: Slow Rotor Speed, Cab Direction, Acceleration Time, +/- 6dB Boost/Cut.
- Instantly alternate between a fast and slow rotor speed with the Fast/Slow footswitch
- Selectable Cab Filter allows for an optimal experience in front of guitar amplifiers and full range systems
- Stereo output
- High impedance mono input (internal jumper enables selectable TRS stereo input).
- Expression pedal input with selectable control over any knob parameter
- Connect our optional Favorite switch to save a favorite preset or use as an external speed switch
- Fast/Slow and Bypass footswitches
- Press and hold Fast/Slow footswitch for Rotary Brake
- Selectable Bi-Amp mode splits bass rotor and treble horn signals to separate outputs
- Ultra low noise, high performance 24-bit 96kHz A/D and D/A converters
- 110dB typical signal to noise
- Premium analog front end and output section
- Super high performance DSP in a compact form factor
- 32-bit floating point processing
- True Bypass (electromechanical relay switching)
- Powered with a standard 9V center negative DC supply. 250mA minimum
- Strong and lightweight mahogany anodized aluminum chassis
- Crafted with love in the USA