Mesa Boogie Road King II Head
The patented Progressive Linkage™ provides five different all-tube power amplifiers which you can harness in any combination to the King’s four preamp channels to create; not a cyber mock-up, but the real, authentic circuits found in those classic amplifiers.
Once in a while a product comes along that redefines its genre, changing the way we think, and ushering in a new era. The Road King™ does just that.
This seriously over-the-top Recto® offers four discreet channels that each house an incredible three modes of hyper-tuned pre-amp expression. Yet as if all this shaping power wasn’t enough, the Road King goes on to revolutionize amplifier design by offering a unique dimension in channel switching: Progressive Linkage™.
This simple yet powerful concept allows you to assign different power amplifiers to each pre-amp channel …and footswitch between them. You can match any power amp to each channel and create your own fleet of dedicated, all-tube amplifiers from input jack to speaker, from 30 watts to 120. The Road King even lets you assign a choice of speaker cabs per channel!
Colored LEDs on the front panel keep you informed of your channel selection and power combinations. But there’s more to power than wattage and tube types alone. It’s all about the feel. And part of providing a perfect power response is selecting the proper rectifier. This is the device that converts high voltage AC into Direct Current for the power tubes. And two of the Road King’s eight patents cover the rectifier choices available and the way they track.
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head
- Handbuilt in Petaluma, California
- Improved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from the acclaimed LoneStar® - Mesa's best clean ever - along with incredible new TWEED and BRIT modes. These two channels alone make a mighty amplifier.
- All New, All-Tube Reverb also from the LoneStar® is deeper, more lush and ambient and sticks tighter to the notes. Reverb control now rides in each Channel Strip.
- Improved Effects Loops are both Series for seamless interfacing of processing.
- Multi-Watt™ Channel Assignable Power Amp with Progressive Linkage™ (patent 5,559,469) featuring 4x6L6 & 2xEL34, which allows you to select either 2x6L6, 2xEL34, 2x6L6+2xEL34, 4x6L6
or 4x6L6+2xEL34 for Power Ratings of 50, 100 & 120 Watts! / 6x12AX7, 2x5U4
- Fixed Bias for Consistent, Maintenance Free Performance
- 4 Fully Independent Channels with 12 Modes (Channel 1 =Clean, Fat or Tweed™, Channel 2 =Clean, Fat or Brit, Channels 3 & 4=Raw, Vintage High Gain or Modern High Gain)
- Each Channel features Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Presence, All-Tube Long Spring Reverb, 5 Position Progressive Linkage Power Tube Select (choices listed above), Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking™ (Diode or Tube Tracking – Patents 5,168,438 & 7,193,458), Speaker Output Select (Speaker Out A, B or A+B), FX Loop 1 and 2 Select (2-Series Loop On/Off Switches per Channel or Footswitch Assignable)
- Output Level Control (over all channels when activated)
- Footswitchable Solo Level
Control – Patent 6,724,897 (over all channels when activated)
- Bold/Spongy “Variac” Switch (Patent 5,091,700)
- True “Hard” Bypass Switch that removes FX Loop, Output Level & Solo Level Controls from signal path
- Turner Output with Footswitchable Mute
- Slave Out w/Level Control
- Fan Cooled
- External Switching Jacks for Channels 1, 2, 3, 4, Solo, Reverb, Loop 1, Loop 2 & Tuner Mute
- 9 Button Footswitch (Channel 1, Channel 2, Channel 3, Channel 4, Tuner Mute, Reverb, Loop 1, Loop 2 & Solo)
- Slip Cover