Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cardinal Red
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Cardinal Red
Epiphone's history with legendary guitarist and innovator Les Paul dates back to the early 1940's when Les, working late at night at the Epiphone factory on 14th Street in New York City, created what might have been the world's first solidbody electric guitar, better known as "The Log." Over the years, Les continued to work closely with Epiphone luthiers reviewing new product ideas and offering suggestions. “Epiphone always made a good guitar,” Les often said.
The Les Paul Standard remains one of the most sought after guitars in the world 50 years since its first issue. Now, Epiphone's Les Paul Standard brings you the classic features and tone of Les’ invention with legendary Epiphone quality and value.
Players like Jimmy Page, Slash, Ace Frehley, Mark Knopfler, Zakk Wylde, Alex Lifeson and countless others rely on the unique tone of a Les Paul. And now, you too can experience the Les Paul Standard at a price that won't break the bank!
Like every Epiphone, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by world famous 24/7/365 Gibson Customer Service. Visit an Authorized Epiphone Dealer today and discover the joys of a Les Paul Standard!
The current Epiphone Les Paul Standard model combines the classic features and tone of the Signature Les Paul with legendary Epiphone quality and value.
- Solid Mahogany Body/Maple Top: The Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a Solid Mahogany Body and Maple Top that deliver the classic tone and sustain that can only come from a "real" Les Paul.
- Peace of Mind: Like every Epiphone, the Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a Limited Lifetime warranty backed by world famous 24/7/365 day Gibson Customer Service. Incredible Value: With a street price under $500 it's easy to see why this is one of our top sellers. Visit an Rainbow Guitars today and test one out for yourself.
- 14 Degree Headstock: Like all Epiphone Les Paul's... and unlike less costly designs... the Epiphone Les Paul Standard features a 14 degree headstock that gives you more pressure at the nut for more sustain with less tuning hang-ups caused by "string-tree" gadgets.
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Medium-Jumbo Frets: A Rosewood fingerboard with Trapezoid inlays complete the classic Les Paul Standard look and feel... and the set-neck delivers outstanding string-to-body resonance. Medium-Jumbo frets add to the smooth and sustained tone.
- Alnico Classic Humbuckers: A pair of Alnico Classic Humbucker Pickups deliver a vintage vibe with rich, warm tone that can only come from a real Les Paul. Epiphone utilizes a double vacuum waxing process that ensures quiet operation, free from microphonic hum. The pickup is first placed in the specialized wax vacuuming system before the cover is placed on the unit to ensure that the wax fully penetrates to the very center of the pickup and solidifies all parts. After the cover is placed on, it is again given a second vacuum wax bath until the unit is completely saturated with wax. Epiphone uses only the highest quality parts for its pickups. ABS plastic bobbins, 1010 Cold Rolled Steel pole shoes and pole screws, Alnico magnets and the finest magnet wire available.
- Locking Tune-o-matic/Stopbar: Fully adjustable, the Tune-o-matic remains a classic after 50 years. And now our updated, patent pending design AUTO-LOCKS the bridge and tailpiece in place with no tools needed! This also results in improved sustain.
- Full-Size Potentiometers: The Epiphone Les Paul Standard uses 1" diameter potentiometers for better "throw", longer life and reliable service.
- All-Metal Toggle Switch: Proven for years to be the most reliable, our all-metal toggle switches use rugged spring-steel contacts to ensure years of reliable service and performance.
- Output Jack: To increase reliability and ensure consistent performance, our proprietary output jack feature an improved contact shape and heavy-duty spring steel.
- Grover Machine Heads: The Epiphone Les Paul Standard features premium, precision tuners from industry leading Grover for ease of use, excellent tuning stability and long life.