Empress Effects Phaser Pedal
Redefining the phaser effect from the ground up, Empress Effects has created a phaser unlike anything else on the market. Employing a unique VCA based design, the Empress Phaser offers unparalleled signal-to-noise ratio. Choose between 2 stage, 4 stage or an Empress exclusive 3 stage mode; all controllable via tap tempo sweeping through an impressive set of 8 waveforms.
The Empress Phaser is the next generation in the evolution of digitally-controlled analog technology. It features an all-analog signal path but is controlled by a microprocessor, allowing it to maintain all its character and analog flavor while adding a ton of possibilities for control and adaptability. Sure, it does the classic jet sounds, super funky auto-wah and ring modulators, as well as having vibrato and Univibe sounds on tap. But what really sets the Empress Phaser apart are the auto modes: envelope following, audio-triggered sweeps, rhythms and direct control are just a few of the settings found on the Empress Phaser.
It also offers unsurpassed connectivity by featuring expression pedal control as well as accepting control voltage, external tap, external audio control and MIDI. All of this comes in a rock solid die cast aluminum enclosure with true bypass keeping things clean.
Empress Effects Phaser Pedal
The Empress Phaser gives you maximum control in a small package. In addition to tap tempo and super musical auto modes, you can now control your phaser via control voltage, expression pedal, external audio input and MIDI.
- Killer Sound Quality - The Signal to Noise ratio is around 104 dB.
- 8 Auto modes - Envelope follower, center & speed, speed(sine), speed(square), audio sweep trigger, random level trigger, rhythms and direct control
- Tap Tempo with Ratios - Use tap tempo to set the phasers speed; the ratio selection makes fast tempos and triplet based phase times easy.
- 2 / 3 / 4 Stages - Select 2, 4 or, an empress exclusive, 3 stages
- 5 Rhythms - Rhythms let your phaser boldly go where no phaser has gone before
- Ultimate Control - Control over width, speed, resonance, waveform, and number of stages.
- 8 Waveforms - Phase through sine, triangle, asymmetric sine, swung sine, sawtooth, reverse sawtooh, square and step waveforms.
- True Bypass - The Empress Phaser employs true bypass, so you can be sure that it's not affecting the signal when disengaged.
- Gain - Set the output gain of the phaser to match your bypassed signal or use up to 6dB of boost to really drive your preamp
- Unsurpassed Connectivity - The Universal Control Port allows you to connect an expression pedal, external tap switch, control voltage, external audio input and MIDI all using a standard 1/4" jack!
- True Display LEDs - Extremely responsive LEDs always let you know what the phaser is doing and help you adjust the sensitivity in the auto modes.
- Four Year Warranty - The Empress Phaser comes with a two-year warranty. Read the Warranty for details. You can extend the warranty to 4 years by simply registering online.
- Great Value - The Empress Phaser is the last phaser you'll ever have to buy. It does everything a phaser can do and more!
- Small Size - The enclosure measures approximately 4.5" by 3.5" by 1.5", which is delightfully small when considering all the features packed into this unit.
- The Empress Phaser runs on standard 9V negative tip DC power, but can safely accept up to 18V. It draws about 120mA.