Recording studios often use rackmount 'vocal channels' which feature a mic preamp, compressor, and EQ all in one unit as a front end for vocal recording.
The Diamond Compressor is our take on a 'guitar channel' which acts as a dynamics and tone shaping tool for live and studio use - with low-noise, ultra-linear signal buffering, smooth opto-based compression, and a versatile 'tilt' EQ that musically
shifts overall frequency balance.
All in a user-friendly 3-control package - just Comp, EQ and Volume.
- Vactrol opto-isolator variable resistance path as used in high-end studio compressors for smooth attack and decay characteristics while preserving initial signal transients.
- Premium audio components, including 2% polypropylene capacitors,1% metal film resistors and a pro audio grade opamp (our signal path opamp alone costs 8 to 10 times
what the industry norm uses).
- Post-compressor 'tilt' EQ provides a very musical tailoring of frequency response - seamlessly transition from a darker jazz voicing to a brighter jangle, with flat frequency response at the center detent position.
- Double filtering stage in side chain to eliminate low frequency modulation while preserving fast compression response.
- Dual AC capacitive coupling paths for improved transient response.
- Bi-color LED provides visual indication of depth of compression.
- True bypass signal path.
- Battery or standard negative tip 9V DC
adapter operation, can be powered from
9 to 24 V negative tip.