Sonor Jojo Mayer Perfect Balance Bass Drum Pedal
World renown drummer, Jojo Mayer, has teamed up with Sonor to develop the Perfect Balance Pedal. Over the past several decades, bass pedals developed a heavier initial stroke to provide more sound as musical genres continued to become louder and more aggressive. This heaviness comes at a cost, however - the resulting feel is unbalanced, with a fast downward motion but a sluggish rebound. Jojo wanted a pedal with the feel of vintage, balanced pedals, but with the technology available in today's high-end pedals.
- Low Mass Drive System - both the drive cam and the beater hub are a single unit for a reduced mass, while the round cam creates equal forward and backward acceleration for balance.
- Elongated Footboard - the extra length provides additional leverage, as well as greater contact surface for heel-toe work. The footboard is purposefully smooth to reduce friction.
- Self-Mounting Clamp - once the clamp is calibrated to your bass drum hoop by adjusting the screw, it can then be attached and removed from the bass drum in about one second; simply slide the folded pedal onto the hoop and lock it in the upright position to have it automatically mount itself, and release it with the push of a button.
- Magnetic Spring Dock - when packing up your pedal, save wear and tear on the spring by securing it with a magnet.
- Non-Proprietary Screws - this pedal uses metric screws that can easily be found at any hardware store.
- Folding - with a push of the release button, this pedal can be folded nearly flat, saving you lots of room in your hardware bag.
- Pedal Bag - speaking of bags, this pedal also comes with its own unique space-saving bag.