BOSS RC-30 Twin Pedal Loop Station Looper
2 PATCH CABLES INCLUDED
The BOSS RC30 is the evolution of the groundbreaking BOSS RC20XL Loop Station. The BOSS RC30 lets you create and stack multi-layered loops with twin stereo tracks — each track being independently controllable with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons.
Creating loops is convenient with the Auto Recording feature, which starts recording the moment you begin playing your guitar, bass, keyboard, or singing, or as soon as you start a connected audio player. Count-In mode gives you one-bar of rhythm before recording starts. You can Undo/Redo as you go. The sky’s the limit, with three hours of recording time!
Unlike it's predecessor, the BOSS RC30 includes effects. Bend Down provides a dramatic pitch-bend effect. Step Phaser changes phase in incremental steps. Sweep Filter alters frequency in sync with the current tempo. Tempo Delay produces a tempo-synced delay effect. Lo-Fi intentionally degrades the sound to create a distinctive character. Dunk your loops in cool effects without the cost and hassle of adding external gear.
Vocalists can plug a microphone of their choice directly into the RC-30’s XLR microphone input, complete with phantom power if you wish to use a condenser mic. Sing, overdub, and make multi-layered loops of your voice, create vocal sound-effects patterns, or point the microphone at your acoustic musical instruments, or anything that makes noise and turn it into a cool loop. You don’t have to be a musician to get in on the LoopStation action!
To keep your loops tight and in time, play along with one of the basic rhythm patterns in the RC-30’s onboard library as you record. Ten types of rhythm types are provided, including Rock, Pop, Funk, Shuffle, R&B, and Latin. A dedicated knob lets you adjust the volume of the rhythm, and you can set the tempo incrementally or via tap tempo. You can also specify the time signature. When you save a phrase, the rhythm type and time signature will also be saved.
You can connect the RC-30 to your computer via a standard USB cable, and back up your RC-30 phrases to your computer for safekeeping. You can also load WAV files from your computer directly into the RC-30. The RC-30 accepts 16-bit/44.1kHz WAV files of up to 1.7GB in size.
In addition to recording your instrument performances and turning them into playable loops, you can record other external stereo audio sources via the AUX IN. Sound from a digital-audio player or other device connected to the AUX input can easily be recorded and added to your loop.
BOSS RC-30 Twin Pedal Loop Station Looper
- Twin Pedal multitrack looper with true stereo I/O
- Two synchronized stereo tracks with dedicated volume faders and track-select buttons
- Massive internal memory with up to three hours of stereo recording time
- 99 onboard memory phrases for storing loops
- Built-in effects for processing loops
- Multiple inputs: 1/4" A and B input jacks, stereo 1/8" mini AUX input jack, XLR input jack with phantom power
- USB 2.0 port allows you to connect to a PC and import/export WAV audio
- Rhythm guide with real drums
- Runs on batteries or optional AC power supply
- Nominal Input Level MIC IN: -40 dBu (variable) INST IN: -20 dBu AUX IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance MIC IN: 4 k ohms INST IN: 1 M ohm AUX IN: 22 k ohms Nominal
- Output Level -20 dBu Output Impedance 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance 10 k ohms or greater Recording/Playback
- Maximum Recording Time: Approximately 3 hours Maximum Phrase Memory: 99 phrases Number of tracks: 2 Data Format: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16-bit linear, stereo)
- Rhythm Type Hi-Hat, Kick
- Effect Type BEND DOWN, STEP PHASER, SWEEP FILTER, TEMPO DELAY, Lo-Fi
- USB Interface Hi-Speed USB mass storage device class
- Controls REC/PLAY/OVERDUB pedal switch, STOP/TAP TEMPO pedal switch, MIC INPUT LEVEL knob, MEMORY DOWN button, MEMORY UP button, MEMORY WRITE button, MEMORY DELETE button, RHYTHM OUTPUT LEVEL knob, RHYTHM ON/OFF button, RHYTHM TYPE button, RHYTHM TAP TEMPO button, TRACK 1 slider, TRACK 1 SELECT button, TRACK 2 slider, TRACK 2 SELECT button, LOOP FX ON/OFF, LOOP FX TYPE button, PHANTOM switch Indicators POWER indicator, REC/PLAY (DUB) indicators, PEAK indicator, TRACK 1 STATUS indicator, TRACK 2 STATUS indicator, BEND DOWN indicator, STEP PHASER indicator, SWEEP FILTER indicator, TEMPO DELAY indicator, Lo-Fi indicator
- Display 7 segments, 2 characters (LED
- Connectors MIC IN Jack: XLR type (balanced/phantom power: DC 48 V, 10 mA), INST IN Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type, AUX IN Jack: Stereo miniature phone type, OUTPUT Jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4" phone type, FOOT SW Jack: 1/4" TRS phone type, USB Connector, DC IN Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply DC 9 V: Alkaline (AA, LR6) or Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6, AC Adaptor (PSA series: sold separately) * Rechargeable Ni-MH batteries cannot be used. Current Draw Maximum 195 mA (DC 9 V) Expected battery life under continuous use Alkaline battery (AA, LR6): Approx. 7.5 hours Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6): Approx. 1.5 hours 6) Size and Weight Width 173 mm 6-13/16 inches Depth 158 mm 6-1/4 inches Height 57 mm 2-1/4 inches Weight 1.2 kg 2 lbs. 11 oz. In the interest of product improvement, the specifications and/or appearance of this unit are subject to change without prior notice. Accessories FS-5U/-5L Foot Switch FS-5U/-5L Durable metal footswitch available in latching and unlatching types. Click for Details FS-6 Dual Footswitch FS-6 Two switches in one, BOSS’s new FS-6 combines latch- and momentary-type switching into one unit. Click for Details PSA-120S Power Adapter PSA-120S Power Adapter Click for Details Support If you have questions about operating your BOSS product, please check our Knowledge Base for answers to the most common questions. You can also contact our Product Support department by phone or email. In addition, we have a library of Support Documents that you can download and reference. If Support Documents are available for this product, they will be listed below. Support Documents RC-30/RC-3 Brochure (PDF) Current Promotions * The History of BOSS * BOSS Backstage * * ME-25 Sound Library * eTracks for eBand
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"),
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Options (sold separately) AC Adaptor (PSA series), Footswitch (FS-5U, FS-